11.3.09

Bad Blogger, No Cookie!

Wow, I am just failing at the blogging lately. I blame my "monthly visitor" for this most recent transgression. I always feel so blah the first 2 days or so. I did get a lot done on Monday and Tuesday though. I didn't wake up as early as I would have liked either day, but stuff happens.

Monday I was going to get up early, but I like to wait for our roommate to leave for work before I leave my room. He didn't know I no longer have a job and I didn't realize he took the day off, so I fell back to sleep while waiting for him to not leave. Classic. I got up around 9 or so and did yoga but really felt like I was starting the day late. I just feel like I don't get anything done when I get up that late. I did manage to make regular bread, hummus, baba ganoush, and pita bread all before S got home. I had defrosted some of the random soups that were in the freezer and mixed them together with left over brown rice and some extra broth for dinner. We had it with some of the regular bread, it was very tasty.

Tuesday I was going to get up when S got up, but thought maybe I would just sleep for a few minutes more. Again got up too late. Seriously, I just don't feel like I get enough time in the day when I sleep in and when I do wake up the second time I am all groggy and out of sorts. I pulled myself together and got up and did yoga. After yoga I decided to walk to the Shaw's in Porter Square. We were out of all-purpose bread flour and regular all-purpose flour and I needed molasses to make bran muffins later. That plaza roughly 1.6 miles from the house. I decided to stop in at Cambridge Naturals as well since it is right in that plaza. They have so many awesome herbs and seasonings in bulk. I tried to stick to my list, but couldn't resist rose and jasmine and some amazing smoked sea salt. I also got some of their amazing home made crystallized ginger. It tastes almost like jellied candy. It is so good. Got what I needed at the grocery store and made the trek home. The weather was very nice, but I need to start bringing my back pack on excursions like that as my shoulders were very sore from having the weight distributed awkwardly between my two bags.

When I got home I made myself an amazing lunch. I microwaved some fresh Brussels Sprouts and mixed in a chopped avocado, some balsamic vinegar, some pepper, and some of the smoked sea salt. I ate it with one of my fresh pitas and OMFG it was so amazing. Why haven't I done that before???? I puttered around the house while waiting for S to get home because it was already pretty late in the day. We had a very tasty dinner of oven roasted potatoes, fresh snow peas, and swordfish that I seasoned with olive oil, garlic, fresh lemon, smoked sea salt and pepper. I cooked it slightly on the rare side. It was amazing. After dinner I made cashew cream for the fruit salad that S and I made on Monday. Cashew cream is just basically blending roughly a cup of cashews and a cup of soaked dates with the soaking liquid until a creamy consistency. It's almost like a loose whipped cream, but is so so so tasty and so good for you. While S gamed I made some pretty tasty bran muffins that are UBER healthy. No oil and only 1/4 cup of molasses as sweetener. Mmm, but the raisin medley we got at BJ's really makes them. Before bed I made myself a tea to help with my "visitor". Mugwort, skullcap, and cramp bark. It seemed to help and I went and crashed out when S was done gaming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/clarithromycin]buy biaxin online
[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sustiva-efavirenz.webs.com/]purchase Sustiva
[/url] Generic Sustiva 500 mg online
buy Efavirenz 500 mg
order Sustiva 600 mg online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ciproxin.webs.com/]buy cipro[/url] buy ciprofloxacin tablets
buy cipro xr online
ciprofloxacin to buy no prescription

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]buy copegus online
[/url] copegus 200 mg
copegus 100 mg
copegus online