4.3.09

It is Cold Out There . . .

To finish out my meals yesterday, I ate the left over soup from the night before. With this I had two slices of my yummy home made bread slightly toasted for dipping. I also had a pluot (a cross between a plum and an apricot, very tasty) and a banana. Then for snack S and I had chipoltle popcorn when I got home. We make it ourselves so it has almost no calories and lots of fiber. For dinner I made an eggplant tofu stir fry with lots of vegetables over brown rice and while S gamed I baked whole wheat nectarine 5 spice yogurt muffins. OMG so good. We each had one and then split one more before bread.

Fruity Whole Wheat Yogurt Muffins (Basic recipe adapted from Recipezaar)


1 C Whole wheat flour
1 C All purpose flour
1/2 C Sugar

1 t Baking Powder

1 C Yogurt
1/4 C or so of Soy milk
1 Egg
1 t Vanilla
4 T Oil
2 C Fruit
Spices if you like

(Makes 12)

Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin tin. Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients except fruit. mix dry and wet and fruit until just mixed. Batter will be very thick. Spoon into tin and bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack. Enjoy


WARNING - BODY TALK AHEAD!!!

I have not had a BM since Monday night. This is very frustrating as part of the reason I did the cleanse in the first place was to reset my digestive system. I guess I shouldn't get too frustrated as it probably takes a few days for the system to re-normalize. I have been passing gas fine so I can't be that blocked up. I am sure it will work itself out eventually. I just feel a teeny bit bloaty.

It is freezing out today. I am very much ready for it to be spring. I had another grapefruit for breakfast this morning. That with my morning tea and a nectarine muffin made me wish I was sitting outside in a warm sunbeam. Oh well, soon enough I am sure.

So for food so far today I have had 2 of my nectarine muffins (they are very small), a grapefruit, a cup of wakame broth, some dates, about a half cup of cucumber/daikon/carrot salad with sesame-soy dressing, and leftover stir fry over brown rice. I have to try and get yoga in tonight and the next two mornings. Yoga took a back seat with the cleanse because I didn't feel up to it. Now that I am eating again I need to hit the mat! I won't be able to do it the next two evenings, because Thursday S and I are having a date night and going to Shabu Toki and Friday we are going to T's birthday dinner at his family's house so there won't be any time. So I have to get up with S and get myself through a class.

No comments: